Driving and theory tests
What is the multiple choice part of the test?
● 50 multiple choice questions covering a wide range of driving topics.
● To pass you must answer 43 or more questions correctly in 57 minutes.● The system has the option for dyslexic candidates to listen to the test being read in English through a headset. Voice-over's in 20 other languages are available.
Dyslexic candidates can apply to have up to double the standard 57 minutes. You need to ask when you apply for the test. A letter or report from a professional should explain your reading ability, i.e., a teacher, a psychologist, or Local Dyslexia Association officer. You will have to phone again for a test date after the report has been processed.
How does the hazard perception part work?
● The test consists of 14 video clips, each lasting about one minute.
● The clips feature various types of hazards, such as vehicles, pedestrians and road conditions.
● You should respond by pressing a mouse button as soon as you see a hazard developing
● The earlier the developing hazard is spotted and a response made, the higher the score.
● Candidates can score up to five marks on each hazard, and the test contains 15 score able hazards.
● The pass mark for this part of the test is 44 out of 75
● You're driving instructor is able to offer free theory training if required including the free use of theory and hazard perception material.
Practical Driving Test
● At the start of the test once all documentation is checked an eyesight check is carried out.
● Before you move off on test you be asked 2 show me tell me questions.
● The test lasts about 40 minutes driving on a variety of differing roads.
● You will be asked to carry out 2 of the reversing manoeuvres plus 1 in 3 test carry out the controlled emergency stop.
● You will also be asked to stop at the side of the road and move off again on numerous occasions.
● A maximum of 15 minor faults are permitted, 1 or more serious or dangerous faults lead to failure.
For driving lessons Bristol with Eco Driven driving school
Abbots Leigh,Ashton Gate, Avonmouth, Backwell, Bedminster, Bedminster Down, Clapton-in-Gordano, Clevedon, Clifton, Clifton Down, Clifton Wood, Easton in Gordano, Failand, Flax Bourton, Hallen, Ham green, Leigh Woods, Long Ashton, Nailsea, Patchway, Pilning, Pill, Portbury, Portishead, Redcliffe Bay, Sea Mills, Severn Beach, Shirehampton, Southville, Tickenham, Walton-in-Gordano, Weston-in-Gordano BS3, BS6, BS8, BS11, BS20, BS21, BS48